First I have to say that it feels so good to be back! I took a little YouTube hiatus with the intention of really figuring out where I want my channel to go and what I want to do. I knew I loved making videos (it honestly calms me down) but I was so tired of making the same videos over and over again. Fact of the matter is, as much as I love the beauty world, I don’t feel like I have anything new or interesting to offer it right now. Sure, I’ll still make a beauty related video here and there, but I realized that my passion lies in cooking, home decor, fashion and all around lifestyle. I attempted to transition into a lifestyle channel before, but I fell into the same rut of smokey eyes and bold lips.
For my first video back, it was a no-brainer for me to turn to Chrissy Teigen’s newest cookbook “Cravings: Hungry For More”. I received her first one during my bridal shower and john and i fell in love with all the recipes in there. From her cauliflower orzo salad to her coconut rice, I devoured the book almost as quickly as i devoured the meals i made from it (I didn’t actually eat the book but, you know). When she came out with her second book, I had to have it and from the second it arrived in the mail, I was hooked.
Now that fall’s officially here and that means its socially acceptable to be cozy all the damn time, I decided to make the coziest meal known to man – tomato soup and grilled cheese. But of course, I’ll be giving it a Chrissy Teigan twist by making her Creamy Tomato Soup (page 45) paired with her Sweet & Spicy Peach and Brie Grilled Cheese.
I hope you guys enjoy this video and don’t forget to subscribe!!
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 1 (28 ounce) can of whole, peeled tomatoes in juice (roughly chopped)
• 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth of vegetable broth
• 1/2 teaspoon of sugar plus more to taste
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup of heavy cream plus more to taste (I skipped this part the second time I made the soup and I liked it a little more without the cream)
• 5 1/2 tablespoons of butter
• 8 slices of bread
• 1/2 cup of thai sweet chili sauce plus more for dipped (omg i’m obsessed with this stuff)
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 8 ounces of cold brie cut into 4 equal pieces (I sliced them into strips)
• 1 juicy, ripe peach, pitted and thinly slices
• kosher salt
Lets Hang Out!
Facebook: Layan Bee
work with me: Layanb@live.com