There is nothing I love more than lipstick, if I were stranded on a desert island and got to bring one thing with me it would be my lipstick bag (if i’m dying anyways might as well look good while doing it). As you can imagine I’ve tried most lipstick brands from high end to drugstore- some I absolutely loved and some…not so much. I’ve compiled a list of my all time favourite lipsticks for you guys for the next time you decide to go out and give your lips some love.
5. Chanel – This iconic brand remains a staple in the world of fashion and beauty for obvious reasons; When you’re buying Chanel, you’re buying quality.The most popular lipstick line from this brand has to be Chanel’s Rouge Allure. According to the Chanel website
“The next generation of ROUGE ALLURE dresses lips with unmistakable attitude. A new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments offers radically intense, long-wearing colour with full coverage and a satin finish. Leaves lips supple and protected with lasting comfort.”
Obviously, this lipstick is not on the cheaper side, running at $36 per tube. It goes on beautifully and is carried in an array of colours to suit every skin tone – you feel glamorous just wearing it! If you’re someone who doesn’t have time to reapply, then this lipstick is not for you. As gorgeous as it is, the pigments don’t last very long and need constant touch-up’s. For someone who is on the go, this might not be the right choice for you.
4. M.A.C – As any M.A.C lipstick enthusiast knows, the most iconic, must-have shade of the brand has to be “Ruby Woo”. If you’re looking for that perfect red lip, look no further. Voted as one of the 10 best lipsticks according to Vogue, Ruby Woo offers that pop of colour you’ve been waiting for. According to the M.A.C website
“[This Lipstick is] Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips.”
This lipstick is a little more affordable than Chanel, running at $20 per tube, but it’s one that I think every lipstick lover should own at least once in their life. Disclaimer, this lipstick does go on a little dry so exfoliate your lips with a sugar scrub before applying to give you a nice, smooth finish.
3. Neutrogena – I know what you’re thinking, following up Chanel and M.A.C with a drugstore brand, but trust me on this one. The Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick provides the moisture and pigment you’ve been looking for in a drugstore brand. Sure it wont give you the drama you might get from higher end brands, but its great for daily use. The Neutrogena website says
“NEUTROGENA® MoistureSmooth Color Sticks instantly moisturize lips, while continuously conditioning them so they are softer and smoother in just 3 days with nothing on them. Made with fruit extracts along with mango and shea butter, the balm-like formula glides on easily, providing a sheer wash of moisturizing color that lasts for hours. In addition, the twist up package allows for perfect application each time – with no sharpener needed.”
Not only will it moisturize, but it’s super cost-friendly (running at $8.49 a tube) you can experiment with all nine of their shades.
2. Make up For Ever – I picked up Make Up For Ever’s Rouge Artist Intense lipstick on a whim one day while perusing the isles at Sephora. I fell in love with all of their shades and wanted to try one out, and I was not disappointed. The lipstick goes on smoothly and highly pigmented, giving you exactly what you’re looking for in one stroke. Coming in 50 different shades, you have a lot to choose from. According to the Sephora website
“The Rouge Artist Intense is a lipstick saturated with pigments for an intense result. Available in 50 shades with 3 different finishes, it will suit your everyday mood. Natural or sexy, the Rouge Artist Intense lasts all day and leaves your lips soft and moisturized.”
Each tube of Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick costs $23 and can be found at any Sephora store.
- NARS – The number one spot goes to my all time favourite lipstick, the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. I talked about this lipstick in a previous post; like the M.A.C lipstick, this pencil goes on extremely dry so you have to exfoliate before you wear it for the best results, but this is the longest lasting lipstick I have ever had. It honestly lasts all day long with minimal touch ups, it can even last through meals! According to the NARS website
“The application of a lipstick combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. Lips are instantly saturated with rich pigments and a velvety matte finish. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless color for hours. Use for lining, all-over lip color, or pairing with another lip product.”
Each pencil runs at $26 and is well worth the money since you barely have to touch it up, it can last a long time. I bought it in the shade “Cruella” which is an extremely dramatic, bold hue perfect for a night out. I’ve even started using it paired with my Make Up For Ever lipstick for a more intense look.