So as I said before, I tried out some new recipes today and they turned out fantastic! first I made some turkey meatballs in a tomato sauce that were really yummy, then I made some paleo friendly macaroons.
- Cut one Green Apple into quarter inch cubes
- Shred one carrot
- The recipe didn’t call for this but I slightly blended the combination of the carrots and apples to blend them easier
- Add 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- salt and pepper
-Add 2 pounds of minced turkey
- combine the mixture together with your hands until well blended
- Roll the meatballs into 1 1/2 inch balls and put them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil
-put into oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 mins
While the meatballs are cooking, its time to make the sauce
- fill the bottom of a small pot with olive oil
- saute one onion, shredded carrot and minced garlic in medium low heat
-Lower heat to a simmer and add one can of diced tomatos
- season with oregano, salt, pepper and whatever other spices you want to use
- Leave sauce on the stove to simmer until the meatballs are done
- let meatballs sit for a couple of minutes, then enjoy!
The whole thing took me about an hour, its super easy to make and really yummy.
For the Macaroons
- In a bowl combine 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of almond milk
-Mix the three together until the mixture is frothy
-Fold in 3 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Roll the macaroons into small balls and line onto a wax paper covered baking sheet
- pop them in an oven set at 300 degrees until the top gets golden brown (about 10-15 mins)
- Once done, let sit for 15 minutes then enjoy!
again, a super easy recipe and everyone loved it!
So now that I gave you the recipes, here are my day 11 meals
- Plain Omelet (2 eggs)
-Tea (sweetened with honey)
didn’t really eat much of a lunch yesterday
- 4 turkey meatballs